Beetle Wood Destroying Organisms
What is a Beetle Wood Destroying Organisms Clearance Certificate?
A beetle inspection is needed to support the sale of a property to ensure it is free of any infestation of wood destroying organisms (WDO). All wood destroying organisms are destructive and recommendations for treatment will be given whenever an infestation is found.
How long is a Beetle Certificate of Clearance valid for?
Three months from date of issue.
How it works:
- A qualified and registered WDO inspector will come to your property in Cape Town to inspect all exposed and accessible timbers within a 50m radius on the property.
- If no active infestations are found we will issue your clearance certificate at no additional cost to the inspection fee.
- If infestations are found we will report and quote on the necessary action for eradication of the infestation.
- If you accept the quotation we will arrange an appointment for the treatment to be done.
- A Bugs & Sparks team will quickly get the job done.
- Once completed we will issue your Beetle Certificate of Clearance at no additional cost.
Is a Beetle Certificate of Clearance required by law?
There is no legislated South African law that obligates a seller to provide a Beetle Certificate of Clearance. However, if an offer to purchase contract or bank requires it, one will have to be presented.
Beetle Certificate of Clearance checklist:
The offer to purchase will dictate which organisms need to be fumigated in order to issue a clearance certificate. A building is visibly free from any sign of active infestation by:
- West Indian dry wood termites
- Brown house borers
- Italian beetles
- Common furniture beetles
- Powder post beetles
- False furniture beetles
- Subterranean termites
- Any WDO of economic significance in accessible areas
For more information on other general pests that may be invading your home, get in touch with us today. We also do soil treatment to prevent termites invading construction sites.
Are general pest infestations included in Beetle Certificate of Clearance?
General pest infestations are not included when inspecting a property for purposes of issuing a Beetle Certificate of Clearance.
General pests are:
- Rodents etc.
For more information on other general pests that may be invading your home, get in touch with us today. We also do termite control and fumigation of timber for export (ISPM15).
Foundation trenches, v-channels and under solid floor areas are treated with a termitcide drenching.
Entire structure is drilled through the outside perimeter wall to reach below the floor slab and a solution of termiticide is injected into the holes.
Holes are drilled into the nests and the nests flooded with a solution of termiticide . Surface areas surrounding with nests arealso sprayed.
An international phytosanitany measure that addresses the need to treat wood materials used to ship productds between countries (Pallets, crates, dunnages, etc).
Do you need a Beetle Inspection in Cape Town? Get in touch with us.